In 2010 a global energy company was looking to outsource its training and development department to a supplier who could provide a market leading scalable solution. The company wanted to be regarded as delivering an industry leading training solution, backed by innovative thinking and a varied choice of delivery. The scope of training spans all subject areas from management and leadership through to technical and health and safety training and assessment.
The Knowledgepool Managed Learning Service provides the company with a consolidated channel to handle all external training requests and the associated administration in the UK. The service is white labelled for the company and can be accessed by a help desk and on-line portal. The service is provided by a dedicated team of Learning Advisors with unrivalled knowledge of the UK training market and is based in Knowledgepool’s Shared Service Centre.
Knowledgepool’s Managed Learning Service includes:
- Learning administration. The provision of a team of Learning Advisors for the management of training bookings, including the handling of incoming enquiries, all delegate communications and course evaluations.
- Supplier management. Transition and on-going management of all suppliers, including contract management, price negotiation and on-going performance management to deliver improved quality and lower costs.
- Demand planning and intelligent scheduling of training events: to optimise fill rates and reduce costs, ensuring that required competencies and qualifications are proactively maintained.
- Catalogue management. Maintenance of a bespoke on-line training catalogue of in-house and public schedule events to meet the training demand and business need.
- Comprehensive evaluation and reporting services: including Knowledgepool’s proprietary Continuous Improvement Model.
- Account Management: including regular service reviews.
Through the Managed Learning Service we support the UK workforce of 10,000 by managing all external training requests and the associated administration, along with learning supplier management and rationalisation. Handling all course subjects required by the business, we manage a broad curriculum that includes management and leadership, technical, and health and safety training and assessment. Since contract start, Knowledgepool has delivered the following benefits to the company:
- Cost savings of 18% through a combination of batch buying of courses and streamlined administration
- Rationalisation of the supply base to control spending and make learning delivery more consistent —streamlined the supplier base to 118 learning providers
- Improved delegate and line-manager experience
- 19% improvement in learning associated employee engagement scores.